Monday, April 7, 2014

The girl has never looked happy since December last year.

No more familiar curves of her bright red lips; they have probably been straight ever since she encountered the world's bitterness. That bitterness..that once was so sweet you thanked God for delivering you to the world. But now everything she wants is home.

"I want my parents," said the girl. Her lips were barely moving.

There was a moment of silence... I could hear her breathing. Inhale, exhale. In and out. I felt like a Kungfu Master, able to follow one's breathing pattern.

The silence was harrowing.

She threw her head to the other side. I could see her eyes shooting at the bare white wall.

"You couldn't find life's solutions on the wall," said her. "I used to be like that wall," she lifted her delicate arm and pointed towards the wall. "I was strong. People adored me for my strength."

I embraced myself to respond. "Was?" said I.

"I said I used to. Not anymore now. If I am, I won't be here, in this room with you."

I hesitated.

Tears were trickling down her cheeks.

"I feel like giving up," she said.


1 comment: