Sunday, December 21, 2014

An underwater ballad by Leslie Burke



I'm moving gently forward,
over the wild and beautiful
unexplored world below me.

I'm floating in silence,
and breaking it up
with the sound of my breath.

Above me, there's nothing
but shimmery light,
the place where I've come from
and will go back to when I am done here.

I'm diving.

I'm a scuba diver.

I'm going deeper 
past the wrinkled rocks and dark seaweed
toward a deep blueness
where a school of silver fish wait.

As I swim through the water,
bubbles burst from me

wobbling like little jellyfish
as they rise.

I check my air.

I don't have as much time 
as I need to see everything,

but that is what makes it so special.


Self-Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus 
by Leslie Burke (Bridge to Terabithia)



1 comment:

  1. Hi Ci Pingkan! I've stumbled to your blog as I read your feed in instagram. I must say that you have a great blog and I enjoy your every single post. :) Looking forward for the future posts. :D

    ReplyDelete